This year Fimark celebrates 25 years in the laser subcontract industry. Starting with one laser in 1997, Fimark now has 7 lasers including two high-end 5-axis machines.
These lasers are used for simple batch marking of components, sophisticated surface texturing of injection mould tools and everything in between. Wherever complex surfaces need etching with a texture or fine features, Fimark can provide a solution. Positional accuracy to 10 microns is achieved by probing and high resolution cameras.
Examples of Fimark’s laser work:
– Mould tool texturing including VDi equivalent laser surface blasting up to 40VDi. Textures can be from the library or supplied by the customer.
– Manufacture of highly detailed titanium automotive badges.
– Large format laser marking and engraving with X/Y table of 1000 mm x 500 mm.
– Rollers up to 600 mm length and 300 mm diameter.
– Manufacture of watch and clock components including dials and chapter rings. Ultra-fine engraving of bezels and cases.
– Creation of chip breakers on PCD cutting tools.
– UID marking and verification of defence components to MIL-STD-130N.
– Spray painting of plastics. High gloss, matt surfaces, soft feel, etc.
– Manufacture of backlit buttons and fascias for automotive and aircraft use.
Fimark now has Carveco software. This software, previously known as ArtCAM, allows the creation of 3D CAD from 2D images and is extensively used in the minting and jewellery industries. It allows Fimark to take an image of a crest, for example and then engrave it in 3D with its lasers.
Contact: Charles Dean